Brothers and sisters, I do not consider that I have made it my own yet; but one thing I do: setting aside what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the heavenly prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
July has been full of transitions, changes, and progress. Here are some updates from the last month:
- Thank you for your prayers and encouragements! Your love and prayers have sustained us through some long hours, lots of drive-thru dinners, and all the challenges that come along with everything you’ll see below.
- I think by far the biggest update was Laura’s diagnosis with Lyme disease. That may sound scary, but it’s a huge answer to prayer for us, we’re really ecstatic about it! We finally have a root cause behind all of Laura’s medical struggles from the last four years, and it’s treatable! If you didn’t see Laura’s post about this , there are some more details here.
- Thank you for praying for the sale of our house! It has completed, and was a huge blessing.
We are entirely out of the house — although it’s been a great place for us, we’re excitedly moving on to the next phase…
- Which is Culture School! Laura and I have arrived at Mission Training International today, our home for the next month. And while there are some hard things about this whole process — let’s just say the location of training isn’t one of them.
Yeah… I think I’ll do alright here. More seriously, we’re very excited to learn and train with a number of other missionaries preparing to go out across the globe — from all types of backgrounds and organizations. This training is extensive and long, but we’ve been told by so many people how valuable it is. I’m sure we’ll have some interesting posts coming up soon!
- Geordi has flown to Maryland to visit a friend and get some training of his own. While it’s been a stressful month for the little pup, he’s been wonderful through it all — a true blessing. And while he had a little jet-lag his first few days on the East Coast, he’s settled in nicely.
- Thank you for praying for our support-raising effort. Since June, we have met with over 60 friends and family members face-to-face, and had at least that many phone conversations — not to mention all the Facebook messages and emails that have been a direct result of my inability to save people’s phone numbers!As of yesterday, 66% of our monthly support has been committed, plus all of our estimated start-up costs. Thank you so much for your generosity!
- As mentioned, we are attending training through the month of August — two weeks of cultural training, and two weeks of second language acquisition skills. Please be praying that we would be able to absorb all of the information we need to know!
- Support raising continues into August — we need to receive pledges for 90% of our monthly support budget before we can buy plane tickets and set a departure date for Cambodia.
If you haven’t yet, would you consider partnering with us in our monthly expenses to serve Cambodia and Southeast Asia?
If you’re already part of our team, thank you! Would you spend a few minutes to think of which of your friends may be interested to hear more about what we will be doing? If someone comes to mind, let us know! We’d love to talk to them!
Thank you again for all your love, support, and prayers! We’re so glad to have you standing beside us on this journey!