Thank you all for your prayers as we continue to prepare to move to Cambodia later this fall! If you are interested to know more specific ways to be praying, here are a few ideas!
- We are in the middle of phonetics and language acquisition training (see Laura’s post here). Please pray for sensitive ears and flexible tongues as we learn to recognize and produce all the new sounds we will encounter in other languages!
- Our training also means we are surrounded by other families preparing to go onto the mission field — please pray that we would be able to learn and grow from the stories and wisdom of all our fellow students here.
- Please continue to pray for Laura’s Lyme treatment — that it would be effective and that the side effects would not keep us from being fully invested in our training.
- Please continue to pray for our financial support. We are incredibly blessed in the generosity that we have been shown this far — and are so thankful for all the partners God has raised up to stand beside us in the ministry. Please pray that God would continue to go ahead of us in the hearts of those he is raising up to partner with us!
- Please pray for our teammates as they begin a week of intensive prayer, planning and team-building in Cambodia.
Also, here is the EMI prayer calendar for the month of August. This will walk you through a quick prayer for each day related to what EMI is doing that day around the world!